Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Dehner with Mo Egger on Tuesday: Zampese
Seems that most posters think it was Zampese. I'm probably 3/4 in that camp myself.

Only thing is, this team has had trouble establishing a run game most of the year. The line is bad and TBH, Hill himself leaves something to be desired.

I suppose it goes back to another radio tailing head I was listening to at the beginning of the season. Don't even remember if he was talking about the Bengals or not. He said that even a mediocre to bad defense can scheme to beat a one-dimensional offense. It's just not that hard. Just a numbers game in the secondary or in the box.

On top of it all, they seem to end up in 3rd and long a lot. MAybe that's Zampese's fault, maybe it's penalties and lack of discipline. That's not gonna get you anywhere most of the time. Unless you're Ben Roethlisberger. And you're playing the Bengals.

When the season ends, I could easily see Zampese being the sacrificial lamb for the fans if there is indeed to be one. There may not. It would be a good distraction for lack of outside FA activity and Marvin's playing out of his deal. I worry that the line may not be addressed. I don't think Whitworth leaves, but I'm not feeling great about the chances of retaining Zeitler. The personnel up front could, as inconceivable as it may seem, be even worse than this season. Maybe a new OC could be sold as the panacea.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Dehner with Mo Egger on Tuesday: Zampese - samhain - 12-23-2016, 02:10 AM