Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Dehner with Mo Egger on Tuesday: Zampese
I have not been impressed with Zampese, but I think he'll get another year because of the new personnel which had to be integrated into the offensive scheme.

But I think the biggest failure on offensive was the failure to change the plan for the offensive line when they saw that Ced O was not going to cut it. And then going to an alternating system between Ced and Winston, and then finally, last week going to Fisher, which they should have done after four or five games if not sooner.

Where the responsibility lies for that failure may be a question. Can a new OC overrule Alexander? Where was Marvin Lewis? Alexander has always shown tremendous reluctance to correct a poor decision, apparently struggling to admit he was wrong. Somebody needed to fix that much quicker.

That offensive line was basically inoperable the way we came out at the start of the season, and it was a big part of knocking our season sideways, along with Nugent's meltdown and our failure to generate defensive pressure on the opposing quarterback.

Still, it's a glaring thing to me, that when Fisher was seen as our right tackle of the future, we still didn't just go right to him when it was obvious our plan wasn't even close to working. By the way, he's got a tough assignment coming up Saturday in Houston.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Dehner with Mo Egger on Tuesday: Zampese - Thundercloud - 12-23-2016, 05:13 AM