Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 first round draft picks? Possibly.
(12-23-2016, 05:27 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I disagree about Barnett being just OK....he was the major talent teams had to game plan against...I think he fits perfectly here.  He will also destroy the combine so I imagine his stock will rise...hopefully not too much.  

Walker was Takkarist Walker, from UCLA.  Although both would be welcome here...DeMarcus would be a very good RDE for us.  Harris might be a second round talent, but I sure love that spin move...our DEs have one basic move...and they never seem to try much else.  

Looking at Barnett's Alabama tape, he is a mixed bag.  He had one sack where he perfectly timed the snap count and an interception off a deflection.  He also got called off side guessing at the snap count, gave up a long TD when he lost backside contain on a reverse, and got very little pressure despite being singled up most of the game.  He pretty much did one of two things on most downs.  He would either do his Justin Smith-Bengals years impersonation and rush wide and get pushed past the pocket, creating open running lanes, or just stand around the LoS waiting to get blocked.  He did show good wheels on downfield pursuit, but looked bad making open field tackles. So, two big plays, one big negative play, a penalty, and a lot of snaps where he was largely ineffective.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 first round draft picks? Possibly. - Whatever - 12-23-2016, 06:25 PM