Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which position is best outside FA option for Bengals?
I know I already chimed in, but the OL as a whole is so in flux that THIS is the year Cincy has to buck their trend and shell out for an outside FA.

Think about it, who is a long term pillar in their prime? They don't have one. If Zeitler is one, he's a UFA and may price himself out of Cincy. Mikey pays for tackles not guards.

I predict that today's game is a partial look at next year. Whit is still one of the best LT's in the game, but if they think LG could extend his career and that the two youngsters are true LT's then a move could make sense (mind you they won't pay for a stud LT). Boling slides to RG, Westerman and a mid round or cheap FA center compete....and they pay a premium for STABILITY at Right Tackle.

Paying a Free Agent RT also:

-literally protects the investments they've made to Andy and AJ
-frees you up to select from the glut of defensive talent with the 1st pick. Cam Robinson is the lone OL option that high, banking on him (even if he is BPA) is a bad idea as someone may swipe him.

Wish #1 is a coaching change, but wish #2 is paying a guy like Reiff or Wagner to solve their biggest problem.

We are under pressure and irritable as Bengal fans, we need a FA RT!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which position is best outside FA option for Bengals? - phil413 - 12-25-2016, 02:48 AM