Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to agitate some people?
Man, people are odd and easily rattled. Want to agitate some people - I mean really upset them - with minimal effort? Grow a beard.

I grew a beard, expecting little to no reaction from people. Man, was I wrong. Many people have strong reactions and can't wait to share them, even though they were not solicited. It is funny, the people who like it just say, "Oh I see you're growing a beard, it looks nice," or, "I really like your beard." That's it. On the other hand, the ones who don't like it make sure to say it repeatedly, almost as if they expect me to stop what I am doing and shave right then just to appease them if they just protest loud and long enough. WTF?

I have heard women for years talk about how annoying it is to have people comment without having been invited to on their hair style, their jewelry choices, their clothing, etc. I had never really experienced anything like that. Until now. It is eye opening, to say the least.

Anybody else ever grow a beard, get a piercing or a tat, or change their appearance in some other way and get a bunch of unsolicited feedback on it?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Want to agitate some people? - xxlt - 12-25-2016, 10:25 PM
RE: Want to agitate some people? - xxlt - 12-26-2016, 09:50 AM
RE: Want to agitate some people? - xxlt - 12-26-2016, 09:48 AM
RE: Want to agitate some people? - xxlt - 12-26-2016, 10:35 AM
RE: Want to agitate some people? - xxlt - 12-26-2016, 01:32 PM
RE: Want to agitate some people? - Stewy - 12-26-2016, 04:56 PM
RE: Want to agitate some people? - Beaker - 12-29-2016, 12:56 PM