Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Margaret Sanger's dream is sadly alive in New York City
(07-22-2015, 08:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It is interesting to look at this report. The Bronx has a higher abortion rate than the other boroughs. 51.4 per thousand with Brooklyn at the next closest with 33.3. It also has the second highest birth rate (it has the highest pregnancy rate as well). The NH White population makes up about 10% of the population in that borough of the city, showing how much poverty and race seem to coincide because The Bronx is one of the five poorest Congressional districts, apparently.

This is some really interesting information for looking at the issues of race, poverty, pregnancy rate (including teen pregnancy, of which is has the highest rate), and abortions. Also, the NH Black population experienced a higher rate of low weight live births, which I found interesting.

I do think the most telling thing about the article linked in the OP is in the second graph they post they have failed to take note of the fact that the abortion rate citywide and among all races (except for NH White, which shows a slight uptick) has decreased, and is on a downward trend, from the rates a decade ago. I have to wonder why they did not point that out.

On the last bit. .... Even with the decrease they are still losing blacks and Hispanics at crazy rates.

Not sure what that changes. Maybe in 20 years it might not be as bad .... But how many less blacks will we have by then?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Margaret Sanger's dream is sadly alive in New York City - StLucieBengal - 07-22-2015, 08:59 PM