Poll: Which position group needs the most love?
This poll is closed.
QB
1.35%
1 1.35%
WR
4.05%
3 4.05%
TE
0%
0 0%
RB
2.70%
2 2.70%
DL
25.68%
19 25.68%
LB
58.11%
43 58.11%
S
6.76%
5 6.76%
CB
1.35%
1 1.35%
Total 74 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Aside from OL, what position group do the Bengals need most improvement?
The bengals fan base have always been infatuated with linebackers. We never have enough linebackers. It used to be defensive tackles that bengals fans we're obsessed with. Before that the Bengals fan base were infatuated with safeties. The needs are not based on logic, they're based on obsessions with certain positions.

We have enough linebackers. Vontaze Tez Burfict and Vinny . Nick The Vigilante Vigil. Flowers and Dawson. Our defense was not the biggest problem on the team. Once the defensive coaches got settled in, we gave up 16.4 points a game in the second half, which is a top 3 unit. Our biggest problem is scoring points. Specifically the ability to convert scoring chances into points.

We can move the ball. We're 10th in the league in offensive yardage. We just simply can't score td's once we get the chance. We averaged 3.5 red zone attempts a game. We converted at 50%. A few years ago we we're converting at 70%. That is a difference of about 3 points a game.

We lost half a dozen games this year by sixteen points. That's 2.7 points a game. If we improve scoring efficiency and get a good field goal kicker you can add 5 points a game to the offense. You can probably safely say we would have won most of those close games. We'd be in the playoffs instead of out of the playoffs. Adding a tight end weapon, improving the offensive line, specifically right tackle, and getting a very good field goal kicker have to be the most important needs on the team
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aside from OL, what position group do the Bengals need most improvement? - wolverine515151 - 12-27-2016, 05:16 AM