Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Dehner with Mo Egger on Tuesday: Zampese
For me, it isn't just Zampese, but he is largely responsible. I don't want to hear about the loss of WR whatsoever. He still had Lafell, Boyd, AJ, and a developing Core with several very solid TEs. That brings me to my biggest issue with Zamp. With youth developing at WR (Boyd, Core) and an inexperienced starter at RT to begin the season, I will never understand why we didn't see more of two or three TE sets...especially in the red zone.

That is what makes me crazy about some coaches. They have players that could be successful is used a bit differently, but the coach seems so dead-set on playing HIS scheme and trying to make the pieces work.

Zampese had three really good pass-catching TEs and I don't think we hardly ever saw them on the field together. Some of that was injury, but why wasn't Hewitt used more as a TE when Eifert went down. Why weren't TEs lined up outside Ced when he was struggling mightily? They could have at least chipped before sliding out for a screen (fav play, think it was run 5 times all season, and 3 in one game). They could have helped him, but they left him "on an island".

Zamp's lack of waggles and bootlegs also made Dalton a sitting duck in many situations; the defense knew right where he would be almost the entire game. He also rarely executed a screen during all-out blitzes that seem to just keep coming, down after down, with no adjustment.

If I had to say one single thing destroyed this season, it was the OC and his lack of adjustments, creativity, and proper use of personnel.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Dehner with Mo Egger on Tuesday: Zampese - SHRacerX - 12-27-2016, 01:03 PM