Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Pressures Obama Over U.N. Resolution on Israeli Settlements
(12-27-2016, 05:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The UNited States was offered the Spike Missiles back in the 90's and rejected them in favor of our own system.  Since then Israel has sold Spike Missiles to dozens of countries that do not give Israel $10 million a day. 

I believe that United State's Raytheon had a hand in developing the Iron Curtain system, but the US does not really need a defense system against short range missiles.

Any technology they share with us is not worth the amount of money we give them.

(12-27-2016, 05:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: They gonna send any of that money back then?  Ninja

(12-27-2016, 05:25 PM)Benton Wrote: Eh, outside of the Arrow, it's been more of a one way street with the U.S. providing technical data or introducing manufacturers like U.S. based Lockheed to Israel.

Obama requested we fund Iron Dome installations on behalf of Israel... not the U.S. (I know, I know, Obama supposedly hates the country, and the fact he asked Congress for a couple hundred million goes against most of what propaganda sites have been saying, but it's true). What did we get out of it? Just a warm fuzzy feeling for saving Israeli citizens (which, personally, I'm ok with).

Did they give us the Iron Dome for our gift of helping them save lives?

LOL no, no. That wouldn't be good business.

Instead, it opened doors for Raytheon — a U.S. weapons manufacturer owned by a handful of investment companies and the ever-present BlackRock — to try to work out a deal with Rafael (the Israeli arms counterpart) where Raytheon would use it's DC connections to gets another couple hundred million out of Congress to start integrating Rafael's technology into it's own for a U.S. version. In other words, Raytheon wanted the US to pay hundreds of millions to get technology it had already spent hundreds of millions to help build.

tl;dr, We give Israel $3 billion... plus $200 million... they develop Iron Dome and then try to sell it to us for another $200-$300 million.

Come on, man, if that's the plan, just round our current budget up to $600 billion and have Raytheon or whoever build it themselves for a couple billion.

Or, hell, even better, pull back our global police force and pump $500 billion a year into cutting the deficit.

Learn how to read people.
I said we pay them to keep that technology out of the hands of Russia and China.

So if you want to make comparisons, make it with Russia, China and Israel.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Pressures Obama Over U.N. Resolution on Israeli Settlements - Mike M (the other one) - 12-27-2016, 06:09 PM