Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we don't fire Marvin after this year I don't know how you continue watching
(12-27-2016, 07:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think for many, it's really not just about missing the playoffs.

They did finish 12-4 last year. They did make the playoffs. There was optimism, just as there has been in previous seasons, but it ended - yet again - in an utterly embarrassing and disappointing fashion. 

To varying degrees, the last 26 years have been a continuous exercise in futility of some fashion...from the complete ineptitude that was the '90's to the complete ineptitude in the postseason under Marvin.

When you say there's no reason to be pessimistic going into next year, I respect your opinion, but I can also see good reasons why other people may not share it. 

Agreed.  I'll elaborate a bit more and say that at this point my optimism is limited to the regular season.  Outside of this year, I expected them to do well enough in the regular season to qualify for the playoffs.  It's been like clockwork.

Now, the playoffs are a different matter.  Even if they do finish 12-4 and host a playoff game, at this point I'm going to expect them to **** it up and lose.  I'll go to the game, I'll root for them, and I'll hope like hell that I'm wrong, but I'll still expect them to choke.  Being 0-7 in the Lewis era I've been conditioned to at this point.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If we don't fire Marvin after this year I don't know how you continue watching - Awful Llama - 12-27-2016, 09:22 PM