Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we don't fire Marvin after this year I don't know how you continue watching
(12-27-2016, 06:13 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: There's a difference between fans who only root for winners and fans who have not seen the Bengals win a playoff game in their entire lifetime, and also see the owner refusing to make changes.  And now  I suppose you will tell me about coaches who had to be hired last year because better coaches left and tout that as "change".  Meanwhile, Marvin doesn't get it done and nothing changes.

Fred takes it to the extreme to ruffle feathers and argue. Ignore him

And yes I totally agree the fan base is in a mass exodus ! I've heard several longtime Bengal fans say they're fed the hell up. And like you say the youth LOL at the Bengals or any thoughts of being a fan.

(12-27-2016, 07:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think for many, it's really not just about missing the playoffs.

They did finish 12-4 last year. They did make the playoffs. There was optimism, just as there has been in previous seasons, but it ended - yet again - in an utterly embarrassing and disappointing fashion. 

To varying degrees, the last 26 years have been a continuous exercise in futility of some fashion...from the complete ineptitude that was the '90's to the complete ineptitude in the postseason under Marvin.

When you say there's no reason to be pessimistic going into next year, I respect your opinion, but I can also see good reasons why other people may not share it. 

It is about way more than just not making the playoffs.  It's about not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel. Even the younger fans see with MB it's just wash, rinse, repeat. They understand winning the Super Bowl is not his true goal, not his real focus.

(12-27-2016, 10:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals are light years away from being competitive. I watched lots of other teams this year just to compare and as much as I love Cincinnati -- and I'll always love my hometown Reds and Bengals -- I have to sadly admit not even the best Marvin Lewis teams had a chance in the playoffs. None.

Agree, Marvin Lewis will never take this team to a Super Bowl win. And he's not leaving any time soon.

Until MB is no longer involved in running things - we have no chance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If we don't fire Marvin after this year I don't know how you continue watching - bengalfan74 - 12-28-2016, 12:18 AM