Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take that, entertainment industry libs!
(12-27-2016, 09:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The main thing that I wanted to point out, by posting that article, is the line about Trump detractors criticizing the young lady and telling her that it could ruin her career.  And, after all of the "celebrities" that stated absurd things like they would leave the Country, etc., and then failing to live up to their words, I think it a bit trite that they attempt to bully a young girl for accepting to sing the Nation Anthem at the Presidential Inauguration.

All of the other arguments, tangents, and deflections are just typical P&R forum fluff.. ThumbsUp

For what it is worth, I don't agree with the "liberal" musicians trying to do an ad hoc boycott of the inauguration and making veiled threats to those participating.

I can agree with you on that count. ThumbsUp

And of course we have to have arguments, tangents and deflections. What else would we have to talk about here? Ninja

[Image: 960.jpg]

Bengalzona: "Hey, Sunset. You see that thar mumblemumble President's speech last night?"

Sunset: "Why yeah, BZ. I did."

Fredtoast: "I wonder if the CIA was checking to make sure we watched?"

bfine32: "It was too long. I ended up switching to Charlie's Angels reruns."

Bengalzona: "Yup."

Sunset: "Yup."

Fredtoast: "Yup."

bfine32: "Yup."

Bengalzona: "Hey, how about them dadburnedmumblemumble Bengals this year?"

(12-27-2016, 09:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: However, your response suggests she is not good; as you suggest you would rather sell music by being good as opposed to  the route she is taking.

Is the girl any good? I have no idea, but I'm not winning to say no simply because she has been invited to sing at the Inogiration. Seems more like something bitter ols men would do.

BTW Justin Beiber is very talented. Not my type of music, but that is beside the point. 

I never suggested that she wasn't good. I did say that she had to be better than Miley Cirus (but then again, Tiny Tim was better than Miley Circus). Your reading something into what I said that wasn't there. I'm merely stating my opinion: I'd much rather people buy my work because it is good and not because of any political affiliation. For all I know, she may even agree with that (which would be really cool ThumbsUp ).

We disagree about the Beibs level of talent. But hey, if you dig his jams then more power to ya, bro. :andy:
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Take that, entertainment industry libs! - Bengalzona - 12-28-2016, 12:42 AM