Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 3 Great Ironies of Wealth Inequality
I have engaged in many discussions on the topic and have never looked at that study. Though I am a domestic policy person. If I wasn't on my phone I would pull up the studies focusing on the US. Those studies would probably be able to address, partially, your irony about the top taking it from the bottom. Wage gaps created not by reduced wages for the lower group (though some would claim the reduced spending power would equate to that) but from increased salaries for management in relation to workers in the past 40 years or so. What this means is worker wages remain stagnant and management goes up. With this happening it creates the perception if the upper income groups taking it from the lower.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 3 Great Ironies of Wealth Inequality - Belsnickel - 12-28-2016, 09:17 AM