Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whit wants to continue at LT in 2017
(12-28-2016, 05:04 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: My usually half full glass of optimism broke during the second half against the Steelers and I see 2017-2020 as rebuilding years.  It pains me to write this, believe me!  I love the leadership and maturity Andrew Whitworth brings to the Cincinnati locker room and his playing record is amazing.  Andrew is still the best player on the Bengals' offensive line -- but is that really a compliment, saying he's better than Cedric Ogbuehi, Jake Fisher, Clint Boling, Kevin Zeitler, and Russell Bodine?

I know I'm in the minority here but I think Andrew Whitworth needs, no, deserves a shot at a Super Bowl ring which isn't going to happen in Cincinnati any time soon.  If he wants to retire as a Bengal, fine, that's his call, but if he stays he shouldn't start every game because -- again, this pains me -- it's time to get a new left tackle ready.  I don't know who that is; maybe Jake Fisher.  Even the great Willie Anderson finished his career in Baltimore and the best left tackle in NFL history, Anthony Munoz, retired in Tampa Bay. 

Andrew Whitworth has lost a few steps but I think he needs to move along  or motivate from the bench before Andy Dalton loses a few teeth.
Totally agree that Whit is one of the best players in franchise history and that he deserves to go to a team that has a shot at winning the Super bowl. That will never be the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whit wants to continue at LT in 2017 - bengals67 - 12-28-2016, 05:57 PM