Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will Trump do for you?
It's really tough to know, because of how all over the map Trump was. I don't know if he knows what he plans on doing. All I can really do is speculate based on his myriad assertions and his cabinet appointments.

As for me myself, all I can say with much certainty is that I will pay more taxes under Trump.

There is a chance I could lose my health insurance, or effectively lose it if Obamacare does get repealed. I doubt it is repealed 100%, but there is a chance.

If the estate tax gets repealed that might benefit me as well.

My vote in this election was never about what would benefit me. I think that Hillary's proposals aligned better with the future that I prefer. Under Trump I see many of the same problems we face today continuing, and perhaps at a worsening pace. The divide between the wealthy and the poor will undoubtedly widen with tax reform that favors the extremely wealthy. Precedent has already been set before he takes office for a ridiculously profitable company to bargain for millions of dollar in tax breaks to save a small amount of jobs. I believe that with policymakers that he is putting in place regulations will be stripped, and our planet will be worse off for it. Students will still be taking on crippling debt just to get a superior education. And I can only imagine that Congress will still be as roadblocked as ever, with the Democrats shifting to the obstructionist role, and everyone will continue to point fingers.

Nevertheless, I can hold out hope that he does some good with his time in office. In a way this is the easiest presidency to go into. I have zero expectations of good results from him, so in my mind there is nowhere to go but up.

Messages In This Thread
What will Trump do for you? - Bengalzona - 12-28-2016, 08:32 PM
RE: What will Trump do for you? - GMDino - 12-28-2016, 09:12 PM
RE: What will Trump do for you? - CKwi88 - 12-28-2016, 09:23 PM
RE: What will Trump do for you? - bfine32 - 12-28-2016, 09:46 PM
RE: What will Trump do for you? - bfine32 - 12-28-2016, 11:17 PM
RE: What will Trump do for you? - Benton - 12-28-2016, 11:11 PM
RE: What will Trump do for you? - CKwi88 - 12-29-2016, 08:11 PM
RE: What will Trump do for you? - Griever - 01-01-2017, 01:49 AM
RE: What will Trump do for you? - xxlt - 12-31-2016, 03:19 PM