Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we don't fire Marvin after this year I don't know how you continue watching
(12-28-2016, 04:35 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Fred, can you please explain what other team in the NFL would keep a HC for a 15th year with the HORRIBLE stats listed above?  I get it, I really do.  Marv is pretty good at 1pm against .500 or worse teams.  And you are cool with that.  They did good enough to squeek into a few wild card games before being completely outcoached and embarrassed and along the way they tied an nfl record for most incompetent playoff team in nfl history.  Awesome!  You are cool with that too.  Why?

Why are you saying that I am cool with this when I have agreed it is time for Marvin to go?

But making the playoffs five years in a row is not embarrassing.  The 12-22-1 record against playoff teams is actually the 12th best record in the league.  There is nothing "horrible" or "embarrassing" about having a record better than 20 other NFL teams.

It is funny how people now claim that the '11 season was a complete failure of coaching when at the time it was considered a great job of getting a team predicted to be the worst in the league to the postseason with a rookie QB, a first time NFL OC, and no offseason minicamps or OTAs.  And if you eliminate the '11 season then only 6 teams in the entire league have a better record against playoff teams than the Bengals.  Since '12 only four other teams in the league have a better record against teams that finished with a winning record than the Bengals

I was always very upset that we could not win a playoff game, but at least I appreciated the fact that Marvin was putting up one of the better records in the league against playoff teams.  I wanted more, but I just did not see many other head coaching candidates that looked like they could do a better job than Marvin.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If we don't fire Marvin after this year I don't know how you continue watching - fredtoast - 12-29-2016, 11:11 AM