Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reggie Nelson comes up big again...
(12-28-2016, 05:27 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: Almost Identical?  In tackles only.  5 ints compared to 3 ints is actually a 40% difference.  4 additional PD's also accounts for a 36.4 % difference.  Ints are impact plays, as are PD's to a lesser extent.  How can someone making approx 40% fewer impact plays have almost identical stats?  Don't try to say the numbers are only a difference of 2 int's and 4 PD's.  Were not talking about the same difference as the 2 tackle difference. 

Also why are you comparing Nelson with Iloka?  Doesn't it stand to reason that if Nelson was here, that it would actually be Williams on the bench, and Iloka starting at SS?

As far as the team comparison goes, there are 10 other players on the field for every pass play.  To say or insinuate that because Reggie's team didn't fair as well against the pass as the Bengals, that Reggie somehow has more than 9% of that responsibility is ludicrous.

Bottom line is the Raiders are 12-3 and are going to the playoffs.  The Bengals after 5 straight years of going to the playoffs with Reggie Nelson as our starter are NOT going to the playoffs and are 5-9-1.  I'm not saying that with Reggie still here they would have definitely made the playoffs this season, but the Bengals are not a better team with their current safety situation  than they would have been with Nelson still being here. At least not in 2016.  Nelson, even at 33 had a better year than Williams.  Almost everyone that watched the Bengals this year would agree that Nelsons leadership was missing in the secondary.

Oh noes!!!!!! Facts and not cherry picked bullshit! LMAO

[Image: 524b9f841605fb2cb200000f.jpg?w=400]

I stand by my opinion this offseason, letting Nelson leave was a mistake. Period.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reggie Nelson comes up big again... - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-30-2016, 10:56 AM