Poll: C'mon man, THIS IS WHAT WE NEED!
A. Jake Butt, TE Michigan - Aaron Hernandez killed like a dozen people, but Gronk and him was a SWEET idea...
B. Jabril Peppers, S/LB Michigan - Did Ed Reed have a baby with Ray Lewis and they shipped him to Ann Arbor?
C. Mike Williams, WR Clemson - Uh Boyd as the #3... Did my brain just explode? Greatest Show on Turf Part Deux.
D. Leonard Fournette, RB LSU - Sorry Jeremy, but hey, he did go to LSU.
E. Derek Barnett, DE Tennessee - RG3 is going to be shaking in his boots.
F. Malik McDowell, DE/DT Michigan State - Sorry Domata, but hey, he did go to Michigan State... Cya.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What college PLAYMAKER do you want the most?
(12-28-2016, 06:18 PM)Whatever Wrote: He's not.  He's generally ranked as a mid-late first. Highest I've seen him is 13, lowest is 19.

People are going gaga over his sack numbers, but again, those are inflated by his coaches giving him favorable matchups and his habit of guessing at the snap count, which causes him to also be called off sides a lot.

He's a good prospect, imo, but he's a lot closer to the late first-early second DE's than Allen or Garrett.

The more I watch this DE class, the less I think we will get a Pro Bowl caliber DE outside of the two names you mentioned.  When I look at DEs I want to see first step quickness, an ability to dip and bend around the OT, and a counter move.  I'm not seeing a lot of first step quickness.  To me, Tim Williams has the quickest first step.  If the Bengals only used him as a situational pass rusher, they would get snaps out of him than recent picks like Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Ogbuehi, and WJIII.  Plus he has the arrest for carrying a pistol without a permit and I wonder if there is anything else.  He reminds me of Von Miller, though.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What college PLAYMAKER do you want the most? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 12-30-2016, 04:54 PM