Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Bengals fans better than Browns fans?
(12-31-2016, 12:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: There are two categories of Ohio football fans of whom I truly understand their pain in 2016:

1. Bengals fans who grew up in the 1968-1991 Paul Brown era.

2. Browns fans who grew up in the 1946-1963 Paul Brown era.

What about Bengals fan from 1991-present? Those types have never even witnessed a playoff win.

(12-31-2016, 01:28 PM)Housh Wrote: Both deserve an award for sticking with the crappy teams they claim

This.

Option A: Had their team taken away and replaced with a crappy expansion franchise. Meanwhile, their old team goes on to win 2 super bowls. Their old coach wins 4.

Option B: Stuck with worst ownership in any pro sport. Last playoff win was 1990. Teased with success only to be embarrassed in record setting fashion.

Who has it worse? Over the long haul, I'd say the Bengals. Who are the better fans? Assuming we're talking about loyalty/attendance, I'd say it's about the same. Browns fans have a great reputation, but their stadium looks as empty as any losing team.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Bengals fans better than Browns fans? - Shake n Blake - 12-31-2016, 02:26 PM