Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My annual "the draft system is flawed" rant.
I get what you're saying, but I just don't think that many teams are intentionally losing for better draft positioning. Maybe if the bottom 2 teams are close and there's a great QB prospect (think "suck for Luck"), those 2 teams might throw some games. I just don't see 5 or more teams jockeying for say...the #7 overall draft pick. I do think the vast majority of losing team's are actually trying.

The incentive for jumping up a pick or two just isn't worth the coach's job, the bad PR from losing, etc....unless it's for a top 2 type of pick and the rights to a franchise changing QB. Otherwise, I think teams will always try to win as many games as possible. The NFL isn't like the NBA where 1 player can completely flip the fortunes of your franchise. Again...unless it's a special QB. Plus the NFL draft seems like even more of a crap shoot than the NBA draft.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My annual "the draft system is flawed" rant. - Shake n Blake - 01-01-2017, 03:21 AM