Poll: How many pass TDs will Dalton have by the end of his career?
Under 200
200-224
225-249
250-274
275-299
300 or above
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many TD passes will Dalton throw in his career?
(07-23-2015, 12:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Agreed.  By my mind there are teams that would take Dalton now:

BUF
NYJ
CLE
HOU
WAS
STL

and then there are teams that are going to be down a starter in the next few years

DEN
SD (if Rivers does want to move on)
KC (how long can they really stick with Alex Smith?)
PHI (if Bradford is a bust as a trade)
CHI
STL
AZ

I wouldn't say Dalton is a slam-dunk for any of these teams but there are going to be opportunities his resume would afford him.  Again, Dave Kreig was a half-starter for almost 2 decades so Dalton could likely stretch his career if he wants.

I thought I would look for rookie QB's who started all or most of their team's games as a rookie. Some get upset if we look to far back stating different rules and so forth so I used post new CBA or starting with the 2011 season. I found it is rare for a rookie to start game 1 and more rare for those who started year 1 to still be the starter 3 years later. I found this article.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000476737/article/evaluating-production-of-rookie-qbs-in-past-five-draft-classes

It looks at the draft classes since 2011. I found it interesting.

As far as Dalton goes, if AD stays healthy he exceeds 200 TD's in his career easily. I agree he will start somewhere for the next 8 to 10 years. I hope we don't pull a Sand Diego move and give up (Brees) and then watch him leave and prove a lot of people wrong. This article shows how tough it is for a rookie to step in and win as a rookie in week 1. Dalton has never missed the playoffs. Yes, the Bengals had some great regular season defenses from 2011 to 2013. Then in 2014, the defense was ranked 22nd and closer to bad than average. Yet, even with all of the injuries to our skilled players and OL, we made the playoffs.

Winning and losing is on the entire team of players, coaches and yes the QB plays a major role. A lot of fans threw AD under the bus when the team lost a game, yet they can't be seen or heard to give AD credit for doing more than the defense in 2014 to get into the playoffs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How many TD passes will Dalton throw in his career? - Luvnit2 - 07-23-2015, 05:00 PM