Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Chinedum Ndukwe, Bernard Scott, Vinny Rey, and now...
(01-01-2017, 10:54 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I don't get why people don't get excited when any Bengal player does well.

If the Bengals are going to get more production out of the running game it's either going to come from Hill, Bernard, Burkhead, or Peerman. As long as the production is there, who cares what the name is on the back of the shirt? Why thumbs down any of it? I get taking the wait and see approach, but if this is Burkhead's coming out party then so be it. We won't know for another 8 months one way or the other. One thing's for sure, though... Hill has underwhelmed the past two seasons after looking like a world beater the last 9 games of his rookie year. Why not be excited about a strong running performance from a Bengal? Hill's been strong for 1 half of a season out of 3 years and fumbled away a locked up playoff game on a simple play. That's a flash in the pan, too, IMO. Why the love?

Im excited about Burkhead's performance but im a realist also.. it will be hard for us to keep Burkhead if the FA $$$ gets too high with Hill and Gio under contract, no way am i cutting Hill or Gio.. both are still solid RBs and just not enough tape ( espeically ball security and health) on Burkhead for me to commit to him and letting Hill go.. As for the fumble that happens... on reverse side I believe he did not fumble all season this year.. very impressive.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chinedum Ndukwe, Bernard Scott, Vinny Rey, and now... - Essex Johnson - 01-01-2017, 11:08 PM