Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parting Observations and Thoughts
(01-01-2017, 08:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Offense looked like crap this year, but I blame the o-line more than Zampese.

Firing a head coach or a co-ordinator after just one season is bush league.  You have to give a guy at least two seasons.  If we were dead last in offense this year you might have had a point, but we finished 13th in yards and 24th in points.

OC's Bill Musgrave (Raiders), Rob Chudzinski (Colts), and Sean McVay (Redskins), all had top ten scoring units this year, but everyone of them finished 21st or lower his first season as an OC.  Knee-jerk over-reactions are a bad idea.

I agree Fred the line has to take the brunt of the blame here, however minus Smith, these are the same guys that opened RB holes, kept Dalton upright, & scored 7 more points a game more last year under Hue. I do not think Zampese put these guys in the best position to win this year. Wheather it was blocking assignments, scheme, or lack of adjustments, these guys just didn't respond to the new OC. Not to mention being at the bottom of the league in 4th Q scoring. Zampese was the QB coach for this team for 12 years, so letting him go after 13 years not really Bush League. Changes have to be made, & if one thinks a new RB and say a new Center, or just give em one more year will solve all Offenseive woahs, that's Cleveland type of thinking.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Parting Observations and Thoughts - bambino5130 - 01-02-2017, 01:37 AM