Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump’s Press Secretary Begs The American People To Stop Mocking Donald Trump
(01-02-2017, 02:33 PM)Benton Wrote: The problem addressing some people crying "racism" at every turn is the people doing overtly racist things, and then saying they weren't racist 'just because.'

Like the state rep candidate from northern Kentucky who had pictures of Michelle Obama as an ape and a baby chimp labeled as "baby Obama" on his Facebook page. His claim was they weren't racist comments (calling them apes), it was just "entertainment."

That's laughably dumb. Not that people cared, the guy still won his election.

But his story, and similar ones where people do or say something obviously race-related and then dismiss it, takes the punch out of the claim that anyone who disagreed with Obama was labeled racist.

The fore mentioned person who likened Michelle Obama to a "screaming ape" clarified his stance just now:

Quote:...while I can see where the use of the word "ape" could be misconstrued and I admit a different word would've been a better choice.

The rest of his response was to being called a "f***ing ignorant racist" by my father in law.   Smirk

However I agreed with him that words are just words...for the most part.

Quote:I realize words are just words. However some words carry different weight based on their popular usage.

Had someone called Michelle Obama a "coon" I suppose they could argue it's just because she looks like she has bags under her eyes....however the word carries a racial tinge based on even recent history.

He apologized for his poor choice of words.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump’s Press Secretary Begs The American People To Stop Mocking Donald Trump - GMDino - 01-02-2017, 03:04 PM