Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guitar Guys -Please Give me Your Opinion on This
(07-23-2015, 11:12 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: I know what song you are talking about. You definitely captured the vibe of it. Nice playing! You hit a couple of barely bum notes, but nothing too bad, and when I improvise, I do the same. I have improvised so much though, I can turn those sour notes into something I did on purpose. I dig it man. If you hit a bad note, just make it a part of your phrasing. If I get my skype up and running sometime, I can show you what I am talking about.

Feel is the most important thing, and you seem to have a lot of feel when playing. I give it an A. ThumbsUp

Thanks, man.  Appreciate it. I figure if I force myself to play over top of stuff for a few minutes at a time I can go back and pick and choose a bunch of licks.  I've really been just trying to see just how much mileage I can get out of those simple 5-7 notes and just switching between natural minor and the blues scale.  Lot of right hand stuff too.

I think the mistake I made when I was younger was focusing on my fret hand speed alone and moving onto to modes and all that jazz without ever properly getting the feel down of the basic stuff (pentatonic, etc.) So I'm I'm doing stuff like this to work on it.

Glad you dug it.  Maybe we should start a running all things guitar thread around here.  Would love to talk shop with some of you all.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guitar Guys -Please Give me Your Opinion on This - Wes Mantooth - 07-23-2015, 11:40 PM