Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secret America: JSOC
(07-23-2015, 08:50 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That information is from this article...http://www.thenation.com/article/secret-us-war-pakistan/

Here are some excerpts...

Blackwater was allegedly involved "in part" with the planning, not the execution of missions.  Also, when an investigative reporter consistently confuses "Special Forces" for "Special Operations Forces" (SF vs. SOF), I take everything they report with a grain of salt because they can't report details accurately.

Blackwater allegedly subcontracts for a Pakistani civilian military contractor that does work for the Pakistani military and intelligence community inside of Pakistan.  I would view that sort of relationship as a potential OPSEC threat.

That implies Blackwater was in charge of both the CIA's and JSOC's drone programs or at least operating without oversight.  In my opinion, that's complete bullshit.

That sounds about right.

The 75th Ranger Regiment and 160 aren't part of JSOC, both are part of USASOC and all three are a part of USSOCOM.  JSOC only commands elements of the 75th and 160 when they are attached to a JSOC task force.  Again, the author confuses "Special Forces" with "Special Operations Forces."  If a dumbass like me corrects the facts,  what does that say about the reporter?

I don't see a problem hiring former SOF to contribute their experience and knowledge to assist planning counter-terrorism missions.  I don't doubt former SOF are being used in that capacity.  But, to claim JSOC doesn't have the capability to plan from within borders on the absurd.  Another thing which strikes me as odd is the revolving door of former SOF to Blackwater with alleged security clearance problems doing the same job they did before with access to the same level of intelligence they had while in the military, but for more money as a civilian.

Say... thanks for the once over !
I didn't have time to read into the article.
I would have to say that I agree with you, on most (if not all) of your points.
The author doesn't really seem overly trustworthy.
I don't have any military experience, just some buddies that have done some interesting stuff.
Had you served ?
Just curious, you don't have to disclose (opsec & all).
ThumbsUp

Messages In This Thread
Secret America: JSOC - Devils Advocate - 07-19-2015, 09:16 PM
RE: Secret America: JSOC - michaelsean - 07-21-2015, 03:32 PM
RE: Secret America: JSOC - Beaker - 07-21-2015, 05:12 PM
RE: Secret America: JSOC - Rotobeast - 07-22-2015, 02:51 AM
RE: Secret America: JSOC - Rotobeast - 07-22-2015, 11:57 AM
RE: Secret America: JSOC - michaelsean - 07-22-2015, 12:04 PM
RE: Secret America: JSOC - Rotobeast - 07-22-2015, 01:04 PM
RE: Secret America: JSOC - Rotobeast - 07-23-2015, 01:31 AM
RE: Secret America: JSOC - Rotobeast - 07-23-2015, 12:29 PM
RE: Secret America: JSOC - Rotobeast - 07-24-2015, 12:16 AM