Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You want the Bengals to win big????
(01-02-2017, 04:58 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: My opinion of progress and yours are just different.  You have supported Marvin year after year.  I have not.  We're fans with opinions and do not work for the team so we have no impact on the reality of the team's direction.  Very good observation.

Similarly, if we win 7 games next year we will be a step closer than we were this year.  I meant that we have not taken a step forward to mean we have not won a playoff game in all the time he has been here, therefor have not progressed in our efforts to become Super Bowl champions.  

I can measure a regular season Win/Loss record just as well as the next guy.

It's not similar. Winning more games in a regular season doesn't matter if you don't make the playoffs. You can't win a super bowl unless you're in the playoffs. If you're not in the playoffs for 15 seasons, then you hire a coach and you are then in the playoffs at some point, you're a step closer. 

I'm not arguing for Marvin Lewis, just that your claim that the Bengals aren't closer than they were before, is wrong. They're just a step closer. His teams have never gone beyond that single step. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: You want the Bengals to win big???? - rfaulk34 - 01-03-2017, 02:10 AM