Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump’s Press Secretary Begs The American People To Stop Mocking Donald Trump
(01-03-2017, 04:16 PM)Benton Wrote: I believe that. Over the last several decades a lot of things dropped out of pop culture and our every day usage. I'm not 40 yet, but I grew up in rural western Kentucky. It wasn't uncommon to hear, in passing, black people referred to by a lot of terms I won't use. On the rare occasion my kids (who are growing up in the same area) hear them, they thankfully don't usually know what they mean.

As far as the use of chimps and presidents, I can buy that to a degree... given the circumstance. If it's a monkey holding a book upside down and the caption "Obama reading up on economics" I wouldn't think the intent was racist. If it's a picture of a chimp with "Obama baby picture" then there's no reason it would be referencing anything other than the supposed similarities to Africans and monkeys.

Which takes me back to my earlier comments. People like the Kentucky State Rep who post obviously racist things and then shout "satire" or "over sensitive liberal media" are hiding. They need to grow a pair and accept the criticism coming their way. You can't foster contempt and difference while expecting to not be the target of someone else's contempt and attempt to exclude.

I hadn't looked into it, but I always assumed that George W and Barrack were portrayed that way for having somewhat large ears.

[Image: 27d4f864f85e49fbf0ed1fb4c95cc634.jpg]

I do agree that some representations seem slanted towards a racial tone.
I imagine the slight is less about physical appearance and more towards the suggestion of being less evolved.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump’s Press Secretary Begs The American People To Stop Mocking Donald Trump - Rotobeast - 01-03-2017, 05:22 PM