Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Why are we not reading this headline?
(01-04-2017, 09:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Listening to Mo Egger's show for a bit yesterday;  Mo made some salient points regarding Jones:

- He isn't some kid fresh out of college...he is 33.

- He was made a Captain this year

- Just because you helped buy a bunch of kids bicycles, doesn't give you the right to act like an idiot.

Now, I don't like to rush to judgement until someone is found guily, but we all know there is a likely plea agreement coming and a likely NFL suspension.  If he is going to be suspended, I don't think he deserves a spot on the team moving forward.

His play declined significantly this year, and I only put half of that on lackadaisical Coyle.  

Amazing one year ago, I called this guy the heart and soul of our defense.  

This has really been Marvin's MO...every game is "just another game". I get that the coaches don't want the players to get the jitters going into big games (primetime especially), but the team almost always seems "too" relaxed.

In a way, Marvin Lewis reminds me of David Brent from the UK version of The Office and the Bengals as a team remind me of the office atmosphere from that show...trying to be too chill and having a laugh. It takes the right people to make that atmosphere work, but more often than not it results in lower productivity.

Maybe if every game wasn't "just another game", the players and coaches would show a little more passion and urgency.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are we not reading this headline? - ochocincos - 01-04-2017, 11:16 AM