Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anybody grow up with a future pro?
Well, I'm an old timer, so these names may not register with many. But I played high school basketball with Gary Bradds, a future all-american at Ohio State, who later played in the NBA and the ABA. His grandson is playing at Belmont right now, and last year led the nation in field goal percentage.

One of our opponents for a couple of years was Barry Clemens, who had a long career with the Chicago Bulls.

In football, I was close to Roland James, because I played with his father. Roland was an all-American at Tennessee, and played for the Patriots for several seasons.

In each of these cases, yes, those people were overwhelming in high school. Bradds once scored 65 points in about three quarters of a high school game, and Roland, in addition to dominating in football, won both the high and low hurdles in the Ohio State Track Meet as both a junior and senior.

Roland also broke my 25-year-old school record in the high jump, and he wasn't even a high jumper. He just walked over and tried it one night.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Anybody grow up with a future pro? - McC - 01-04-2017, 04:11 PM
RE: Anybody grow up with a future pro? - Thundercloud - 01-04-2017, 06:02 PM