Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Cleveland Changes Coaches And Drafts QB
I was a Browns fan before there was ever a Cincinnati Bengals.....OK, I'm OLD....but I'll give you an option for Cleveland. Keep Coach Hue Jackson, draft players other than QB for a huge change, and one more thing. Some times NFL teams have one QB too many. Brees went from Chargers to Saints. Alex Smith went from 49ers to Chiefs. ...and now there is Dallas and that rookie is in solid now. Tony Romo ???....Tony Romo and RG3 to compete for Cleveland QB job ??? If they could pull that off, the Browns could focus on other draft needs than QB and give Hue Jackson more talent to work with across the board. ....I'll say this about Romo, if Browns don't go after him, somebody else will. I could see Romo taking a team into play-offs. Denver and New England may want him to replace Peyton Manning or Tom Brady and try for a Super Bowl while they have the coaches and players. ....Like Carson Palmer, Tony Romo is a better than average veteran QB who gives a team a solid veteran QB. He will be starting somewhere in the NFL next season.....Of course Hue Jackson liked 3rd round pick Cody Kessler. Still, if I was the Browns, I might feel better with Romo than all their other QBs.

The Browns change coaches as much as QBs.....They need to give Hue Jackson 4 or 5 years to rebuild that last place team. Just as it took Coach Lewis time to turn last place Bengals into a team to go to 6 play-offs in last 8 years. OK, no play-off wins, but 2005 injury to Carson and 2015 injury to Andy factored into that. Lets see what Raiders do without Carr in play-offs.....The Browns are the Fickle Fan Dream Team as they change coaches and quarterback every year. The result is always last place. Have some confidence in a head coach for a change. You can not tear down and rebuild a team every year and expect nothing but last place....Still, if they could bring in Tony Romo at QB, that could mean wins very fast in 2017 if they get some other players. He is an upgrade over the QBs they have. ....Romo on Denver or New England though could fill the voids left by their Hall of Fame QBs.

People mentioning trading McCarron to Browns...They have RG3 and rookie Kessler....plus, if I'm Bengals, I do NOT trade McCarron to a team in our division and avoid the chance he might beat our brains in the next 10 years, twice a year. If I'm Browns I do not see McCarron as an upgrade over RG3 or Kessler.

Marion Motley, Jim Brown, Leroy Kelly, Greg Pruitt.....If you want to win in Cleveland, you need that Pro Bowl, Hall of Fame Running Back. ....That is what Cleveland needs to be looking for. They need to take a vacation from drafting QBs and firing head coaches. Cleveland of old also fired Paul Brown, Forrest Gregg and Marty Schottenheimer. Fickle Fans may love this stuff, but it keeps Browns floundering off Lake Erie like a dead carp.

I'm a Bengals Fan....but Cleveland is a sleeping giant if somebody with any sense ever starts running that team.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Cleveland Changes Coaches And Drafts QB - kevin - 01-05-2017, 04:25 AM