Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Talk 3-4 Defense in Cincy
There is only one change that needs to be made on this defense from a schematic standpoint: Aggression. They began contesting more short routes and shot more gaps in rush defense towards the latter half of the season...In fact, the Bengals averaged just over 15 points per game allowed since the bye, which is good for second in the league.

The conservative, don't give up anything downfield but you can have 6-10 yards all day, defense killed them early in the season. I put that more on the coaching staff than any single player. Williams played better down the stretch as well in what was essentially his rookie season as a starter.

I just want to see the occasional blitz package. Try to FORCE some turnovers instead of hoping for poor play and getting a freebie. That being said, the defense should really work with the jugs machine from time to time...some of the INTs that were dropped should have been caught, easily.

I wish we would also see a more attacking offense. Only ran the TE screen a half dozen times all year, and it was never stopped short of 8 yards. Took a very small number of deep shots, despite seeing in the preseason that Cody Core could get deep. Ran very few reverses. Don't recall a single flea-flicker. The offensive schematic is just so gutless.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Let's Talk 3-4 Defense in Cincy - kevin - 01-05-2017, 05:16 AM
RE: Let's Talk 3-4 Defense in Cincy - McC - 01-05-2017, 09:28 AM
RE: Let's Talk 3-4 Defense in Cincy - SHRacerX - 01-05-2017, 09:57 AM