Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Talk 3-4 Defense in Cincy
(01-05-2017, 10:06 AM)Au165 Wrote: The idea of a 2 high defense is to not get beat. It is very effective when you get pressure, or force turnovers. Where we struggled early in the year is we weren't getting any pressure or turnovers. We tried blitzing early on when we struggled and it didn't really do anything but lead to more big plays given up. What made our defense so good in the past, and at the end of the season, is getting pressure form our front four. If anything this reinforces  the need to get Billings healthy and to add another end in the draft, even if he isn't anything but a pass rusher year 1.

I understand what a 2 high safety look is and what it is intended to accomplish, but they allowed a rookie QB (Siemian) to torch them underneath and they got one big play.  The Bengals never adjusted.  I only saw a very small number of blitzes and I thought they had a modicum of success.  I just wish, as we so often say, there were more adjustments.  When teams go max protection, this team has no answer or adjustment and it drives me insane.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Let's Talk 3-4 Defense in Cincy - kevin - 01-05-2017, 05:16 AM
RE: Let's Talk 3-4 Defense in Cincy - McC - 01-05-2017, 09:28 AM
RE: Let's Talk 3-4 Defense in Cincy - SHRacerX - 01-05-2017, 10:21 AM