Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Talk 3-4 Defense in Cincy
(01-05-2017, 10:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I understand what a 2 high safety look is and what it is intended to accomplish, but they allowed a rookie QB (Siemian) to torch them underneath and they got one big play.  The Bengals never adjusted.  I only saw a very small number of blitzes and I thought they had a modicum of success.  I just wish, as we so often say, there were more adjustments.  When teams go max protection, this team has no answer or adjustment and it drives me insane.  

Like I said when we tried blitzing in the back half of the early season troubles it didn't help. This team has to get pressure from the front 4 to find success. If a team goes max protect then you have 3 guys running routes which should mean you have a +1 blitz on (i.e. guy they were covering stays in so defender comes) or the defense will adjust during the play into a hybrid double coverage.

I think a lot of our early season struggles were guys not seeing the same sight adjustments. There were a large number of times where after a play Burfict or a safety would be yelling at someone about the coverage. Defenses are very complex and have a lot of sight adjustments during the play, the issue arises when one guy makes the adjustment and someone who is supposed to be a part of the adjustment doesn't make it. I think by the end of the year we got that worked out which lead to a lot of the improvements we saw.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Let's Talk 3-4 Defense in Cincy - kevin - 01-05-2017, 05:16 AM
RE: Let's Talk 3-4 Defense in Cincy - McC - 01-05-2017, 09:28 AM
RE: Let's Talk 3-4 Defense in Cincy - Au165 - 01-05-2017, 10:39 AM