Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is it wrong to want Illegal Immigrants...
I have no problems with the concept of curbing illegal immigration, but with many things political my issues comes with the conclusions people draw regarding the methods to do so. Plus the same people who want all the illegals out seem to also be the ones who think Americans who are expected to pay taxes and pay for health insurance, etc, should be working for 6 or so bucks an hour.

People argue that raising minimum wage will have a big ol' economy-destroying effect on this country, but they also want to make sure everyone serving in the lowest of positions speaks English, pays taxes, doesn't depend on the government, and isn't an entitled American elitist ass. You can't have two bites of the apple, so to speak. Trump can talk about how dangerous these illegals are, but when you want to keep your tacos as cheap as possible you pay elsewhere.

I admit it, I have a stupid master's degree and I made less than $15 an hour when I was working on Madison Avenue working on accounts for the NFL and other big name rich folks and now someone who works at McDonalds wants to make more than I did in my 20's while paying out the nose for school and that makes me scoff. Then again, I don't say "pay them $6 an hour" and then wonder why treating the unskilled working class like they are members of a 3rd world country lures in undesirable, desperate folk.

I'm not sure if I stayed on topic here. Rant mode off. What do I know?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is it wrong to want Illegal Immigrants... - Nately120 - 07-24-2015, 11:01 AM