Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Talk 3-4 Defense in Cincy
(01-05-2017, 08:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The time to implement a big schematic change would be during a rebuild. As much as we're all ticked off and disappointed, the Bengals are not in a rebuild. I know from watching our 3-4 conversion in the late 90's that it's not a simple process. The Bengals used a pair of 1st round picks on athletic LBs (Spikes and Simmons) and Dan Wilkinson had a pretty smooth conversion...yet it was still a struggle.

This is what i was going to say Shake. We are quite a few players away from playing a 3-4 and if we tried it right
now i think that would be stupid. Our Defense was playing pretty damn good after the bye week in a 4-3.

We are not in rebuild, we just need new coaches that hold players and more importantly themselves accountable
when they screw up. We need to learn to adjust as the game goes on to the other team's weaknesses.

I loved the drafting of Billings but he is a 4-3 DT, not a 3-4 NT and we only have one decent blitzing LB in Taze.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Let's Talk 3-4 Defense in Cincy - kevin - 01-05-2017, 05:16 AM
RE: Let's Talk 3-4 Defense in Cincy - McC - 01-05-2017, 09:28 AM
RE: Let's Talk 3-4 Defense in Cincy - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-05-2017, 08:30 PM