Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Truth about Oil Shales......
(01-04-2017, 08:55 PM)Stewy Wrote: Fourth to get it economic for everyday use requires an entire change in the world infrastructure, and THIS is what will take time and why fossil fuels have not just a life past 50 years, but will be required for centuries to come unless you want no lubricants, no plastics, no chemicals, no Styrofoam, etc.

What I'm trying to point out is that getting rid of fossil fuels, isn't just about fusion.....it's about changing just about every aspect and convenience of our every day lives. \

Fair points.  But I'm talking specifically about energy/fuel.  Fossils will continue to be used for the byproducts you mention, but there's really no issue there.

Also, I specifically mentioned battery tech as being viable enough to transition to a world of "fusion".  Jet planes, probably not.  But industry, home energy, cars and trucks, sure.  And that's the bulk of man's carbon footprint (ignoring cow farts which increases directly with geometric population growth).

I'm probably wrong, but I don't see an insurmountable change in infrastructure.  Ignoring that upgrades will be made - need to be made - over the next 50 years...you produce energy over the existing grid and batteries can be charged to supply our needs.
--------------------------------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
Some Truth about Oil Shales...... - Stewy - 12-29-2016, 03:09 AM
RE: Some Truth about Oil Shales...... - JustWinBaby - 01-06-2017, 03:26 AM