Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOD COPS: NEW MOTTO GRACES POLICE CARS
(07-24-2015, 12:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not offended, I just think it's stupid.  Also, if it says god and the department puts Christian doctrine on its site then mentions the following:

in·fi·del
noun:

1. 1.
    a person who does not believe in religion or who adheres to a religion other than one's own.
    "they wanted to secure the Holy Places from the infidel"

adjective
  1. 1.
    adhering to a religion other than one's own.
    "the infidel foe"

a·pos·tate

noun
noun: apostate; plural noun: apostates

1. 1.
    a person who renounces a religious or political belief or principle.
    synonyms:
    dissenter, defector, deserter, traitor, backslider, turncoat; More
    nonconformist;
    [url=https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&biw=858&bih=671&q=define+follower&sa=X&ved=0CCkQ_SowAGoVChMIm7S6vo_0xgIVDTWICh2qvg5j][/url]
adjective
adjective

1. 1.
    abandoning a religious or political belief or principle.
blaspheme®

verb (used with object), blasphemed, blaspheming.
1. to speak impiously or irreverently of (God or sacred things).
2.  to speak evil of; slander; abuse.

verb  
3. to speak irreverently of God or sacred things; utter impieties.

So, to me it's not so much mentioning faith, but mentioning a specific faith and then telling people who don't adhere to said faith to be on guard.  This isn't about me being offended so much a pointing out that "in god we trust" is supposed to be a lot more generic than this particular department is making it.
I went to the department's website and did not see all that. Given I didn't search to hard looking.

http://www.stonecountymosheriff.com

I did however see their Mission Statement on the homepage:

Quote:Welcome to Stone County
Quote:The mission of the Stone County Sheriff’s Office is to enforce the law, preserve the peace and establish good order in our county and to provide a safe and secure environment for our citizens.
We acknowledge that in a representative democracy, the sheriff, his deputies and staff are accountable to the very people of the county.  These people are citizens who elect the sheriff and reside in the county. As such, we treat each and every one of them with respect and apply the law equally to all, regardless of the situation.
As citizens ourselves, we do not defer to the people nor dictate to them. Rather, we look upon them as partners in the active pursuit of peace and public safety, and we assist them and they us.
We are custodians of the peoples’ trust. As such, we owe the people our unconditional honesty, our courage, our compassion, and a deep respect for their rights and their property, both individual and collective. Do we have a higher obligation to fairness and justice than the ordinary citizen? Yes, we do.
The citizens of Stone County must always be able to depend on us, in any circumstance, however difficult. They have every right to expect not just a passive presence, but wisdom, temperance, character, competence of a high order and service above and beyond the call of duty, and we cannot disappoint them.
Ours is more than a job. It’s a calling. It’s a privilege. We are among the few Americans whose work encourages honor and inspire respect on a daily basis.
May we always appreciate the opportunity we’ve been given.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: GOD COPS: NEW MOTTO GRACES POLICE CARS - bfine32 - 07-24-2015, 01:04 PM