Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Cleveland Changes Coaches And Drafts QB
but I'll stand by it that Cleveland Fans are a great Ohio football city....They did fight to keep their team name and uniforms for when they got another NFL franchise. No other city has done THAT when a team leaves...The Jungle was pretty awful during the losing years from 1991 to 2002. I thought Bengal Fans showed less of themselves complaining about the 2009 season because we ONLY beat the AFC North teams and we ran the ball too much in making the play-offs. Season ticket sales were way off after that play-off season until Terrell Owens was picked up. Fans thinking TO and Ocho meant Super Bowl saw a 4 win season. Bengals just had 5 straight play-off seasons, yet the fans constantly complain about Andy Dalton and Coach Lewis. Now if Cleveland had just had 5 straight play-off seasons, The Dog Pound would be Rocking. .....I am also not talking just the 1950s and 1960s but the 1980's. Don't forget what a great defense they had in the 80's and how they were in 3 AFC Championship Games and in play-offs 5 times in the 80's. ....So yes, I love my Bengals. I don't always love The Jungle or the fickle fans, but I love The Bengals. Not so much from 1991 to 2002, but I stayed a fan. ....I stand by my saying Cleveland has great fans and I think you under estimate that great grandpa went to Browns games, grandpa went to Browns games, dad went to Browns games and now sons go to Browns games. Their is a family loyalty that made them the only fans to retain the rights to team name and team uniform. No, they have gone over and beyond the average fans, but they have been rewarded with poor ownership and constant last place losing. This would be a GREAT CITY for an owner that knows what the heck he is doing. I think the Browns could be on the way back to winning if they just stick with Coach Jackson a few years. If they get an O Line and a Defense, they will be tough. They have to get away from firing the GM, the head coach and the QB every year. Fickle Fans may love constant change, but it is a blueprint for failure. ....I really feel that Coach Jackson and RG3 and the WR and QB they drafted last year and Pryor are good enough to stick with and to throw all they have into getting players on O Line and Defense. If they do that, Browns could go back to the play-offs fast as the also historic Raiders just did coming back from losing. .......I will be rooting for my Bengals, but this is NFC NORTH CHAT, not JUNGLE NOISE, and I'm saying the Browns do not have to stay in last place forever, and I think they are a sleeping giant that may just wake up and be an AFC North power again. .....I think it is a great opportunity for owners and coaches that know something about the players it takes to win in Cleveland, off Lake Erie, in the rain and snow...And I'll tell you something else. Pittsburg and Baltimore have been the powers in the AFC North. The day could come where you have Cincinnati and Cleveland ahead of them and The Battle For Ohio determines who wins the AFC North. People that say the AFC North is weak are crazy. Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Pittsburg are 4 of the best football areas in the USA and all 4 teams could be playing very good football, maybe as soon as next season. I say the AFC North is a great division of football. This is one smash mouth, hard hitting division with more than it's share of NFL Championships. This is why Cleveland needs to put everything into O Line and Defense, but I feel the same way about my Bengals. To win in this tough division you better block and tackle at Super Bowl level. The Steelers don't play touch football.....and on a positive note about The Jungle, The Jungle Fans were awesome in the 1980's. Since 2011 I've seen THE JUNGLE ROAR AGAIN. Cincinnati when THE JUNGLE is roaring and fans dressed like Tarzan or Fred Flintstone or Tigers or The Thing is one Wild and Hard place for teams to play. This is why I'm always against someone trying to start a fan boycott and ruin The Jungle.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Cleveland Changes Coaches And Drafts QB - kevin - 01-07-2017, 07:56 PM