Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Final Regular Season QB rankings
(01-07-2017, 08:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Provide post where I stated Dalton is likely to regress over the last few games.

I did mention we don't know how he would have finished in 2015 and history has shown he usually doesn't finish the season with a high passer rating. Given that. If you want to use a passer rating difference of 1.9 as some sort of validation of Andy's awesomeness. Have at it.

Anybody that assessed Cam's overall game would point to his ability to run; they would not do so for Andy. So once again: If you want to use a passer rating difference of 3.1 as some sort of validation of Andy's awesomeness. Have at it.

I think Dalton is better because his passer rating was 16 points higher than Cam's this season. Cam completed an abysmal 52.9% of his throws (lowest % I've seen from a non-Tebow starter in many years) while Dalton completed nearly 65% and hasn't completed less than 64% since 2013. Dalton has ascended as a passer over the last couple seasons, whereas it seems Cam plateaued as a rookie.

I will always take the better passer at QB over the better runner. While Dalton is still going strong 5-6-7 years from now, history shows us that Cam will likely lose his legs and once that threat is gone, his effectiveness as a passer will likely decrease as well. All of this isn't even getting into Cam getting benched temporarily and chastised by pretty much everyone for his sour ***** attitude while Andy is an exemplary teammate.

As for the playoff stuff, I get that you're a big Marv guy, but most people feel he's the problem behind his 0-7 record (0-3 without Andy...with abysmal offensive/QB performance in every game). I know you also felt Carson was the problem during his era...maybe instead of always looking at QB, you should instead look at the one constant? HC's can have a major impact on their players. We see it every year in the NFL. Marv just can't get his guys over the playoff hump.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Regular Season QB rankings - J24 - 01-04-2017, 07:41 PM
RE: Final Regular Season QB rankings - J24 - 01-05-2017, 12:31 AM
RE: Final Regular Season QB rankings - Shake n Blake - 01-08-2017, 01:14 AM