Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FBI & Homeland Sec. Issue Report on Russian Hacking
(01-08-2017, 02:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yup. Think of the television series The West Wing. That was at the end of the Clinton presidency, and while that is obviously a work of fiction, the presence of computers in that show is no doubt a reflection of what was occurring in the real White House. And as long as there have been computers connected to a network containing sensitive information, there have been state actors attempting to retrieve that information using less than legal means as well as users that have been less careful than they ought to be with their access to that information.

Security for this information is only as good as the least secure person using the system.

This.  A hundred times this.

That's why I'd rather see someone like Trump just not use them.

(01-08-2017, 02:33 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: While the P.E. is a dolt, there are security advantages to the old ways (although susceptible to old-time spycraft).

There's a reason manned missile silos were never updated.

Definite advantages.  However you just ignore the advancing technology because you don't understand it.  Or worse, comment on it and how it is used when you don't understand it.

Edit: I just remembered an old joke I use when making copies at work sometimes. Stole it from an episode of Happy Days (yes, I'm old).

"I made three copies: One for you. One for me. And one to destroy so the Russians don't get it."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: FBI & Homeland Sec. Issue Report on Russian Hacking - GMDino - 01-08-2017, 02:43 PM