Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The GOP really loves their women
(01-08-2017, 07:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I haven't even brought up unintended pregnancies;

Really?  You're talking about birth control.  The primary purpose of birth control is to prevent unintended pregnancies.  Contraceptive methods such as OCPs are used to treat other conditions and condoms help prevent the transmission of STDs.  But, if you're talking about birth control you are talking about controlling unindended pregnancies.  I don't know which is worse; not knowing you are indirectly discussing unintended pregnancies or pretending you don't know.

much less who is responsible for them.

Really?  Then why were you falsely accusing others of claiming women (and only women) would be irresponsible without free birth control?  Because you were talking about who is responsible for unintended pregnancies despite your denial.

I do believe folks are suggesting that the taxpayer is responsible for them if they don't want their tax money going for free condoms.

Again, another false accusation.  I didn't suggest taxpayers are responsible for unintended pregnancies.  I asked would the savings from cutting free birth control provided by Planned Parenthood be offset by increases in other social programs like WIC, Food Stamps, Medicaid, etcetera?  The reason I ask is studies indicate free contractive programs help reduce unintended pregnancies in certain demographics.  Other studies indicate single parent households are more likely to be on the lower end of the socioeconomic scale.  Those in the lower socioeconomic scale are more likely to receive aid from social programs like the ones I listed.  

Thus by discontinuing free contraceptive programs provided by Planned Parenthood the number of unintended pregnancies will (not may) increase for multiple reasons (one of which could be irresponsibility, but not necessarily as there are multiple reasons.)  Since at least some of the children from the increase in unintended pregnancies caused by the discontinuation of free contraceptives provided by an unfunded Planned Parenthood will be born to those in the lower socioeconomic class, will taxpayer money spent on the increase in children potentially eligible for social programs offset the savings of defunding Planned Parenthood?  Or will the savings of defunding Planned Parenthood offset the money spent on the increased number of children due to unintend pregnancies potentially eligible for social programs as the consequence of defunding Planned Parenthood?

Now let me tell you how this conversation is eventually going to end.  You will leave by feigning taking the high road because you don't have a logical counter argument.  Or you will use your patented, "I guess that made sense in your head."

Messages In This Thread
The GOP really loves their women - Griever - 01-05-2017, 05:55 PM
RE: The GOP really loves their women - McC - 01-06-2017, 12:55 PM
RE: The GOP really loves their women - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 01-09-2017, 02:50 AM