Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to gain our identity back, and then take that step forward (full offseason plan)
(01-09-2017, 02:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Why cut Jeremy Hill? Bernard is coming off of a major injury.

Jeremy Hill is one of the biggest clowns on the team. He had a good rookie year, but since then, he has done nothing to impress me. I thought this year, he would actually run angry given his costly fumble that lost our season last year.

Hill has one year left on his rookie deal and I don't see them signing him to another deal after that. I did outline that I wanted to bring back Burkhead in my plan. He was able to run with that burst and power I expected from Hill this year against a top defense in Baltimore. 

Bernard always seems to find a way to get positive yards and avoid running straight into the pile like Hill does. Hill instead wants to dance in the holes and run straight into tacklers. I was excited when Green-Ellis was cut thinking that Bernard would be given the starting nod, but then we drafted Hill. 

So overall, I would give Bernard the starting nod with Burkhead as the number 2. Number 3 back could be Peerman, a FA, or late round pick or something. But I am so ready to cut ties with Hill. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to gain our identity back, and then take that step forward (full offseason plan) - CincyWestside - 01-09-2017, 03:29 PM