Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The GOP really loves their women
(01-09-2017, 03:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: But god and babies and stuff....

In truth, I just think a lot of people do not have the life experiences that would lead them to know this information, and the people defending PP don't do a very good job of providing it. When the information is provided, it often gets dog-piled on by partisan hyperbole.

I wouldn't know all of this had my wife's experiences not caused me to look more into this. Before we married she worked two part-time teaching jobs, adjuncting. No health insurance, not enough money to buy it on here own because we are terrible at compensating our public employees, and too much money to go to the free-clinic. Her only place to get an annual gynecological exam and renew her BC prescription (which was more for controlling her cycle than anything else) was the PP an hour away. Then, of course, she had to pay retail for the prescription.

It's having seen that experience that has informed my understanding of the purpose and need for PP. Before that, I was one of those that saw PP and thought of nothing but abortions. But the fact is that they do far more and serve a population that will be ignored without their presence.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
The GOP really loves their women - Griever - 01-05-2017, 05:55 PM
RE: The GOP really loves their women - McC - 01-06-2017, 12:55 PM
RE: The GOP really loves their women - Belsnickel - 01-09-2017, 03:43 PM