Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to gain our identity back, and then take that step forward (full offseason plan)
Ugh, where to begin..

Whenever you have to change out more than one part of a cohesive unit, such as an OL, it takes time to get all 5 pieces working in sync again. Unless you're the New England Patriots coaching staff, you never want to change out more than one moving part each year. The toughest issue to conquer, is changing out Center, as we really don't have anyone better than Bodine up to speed. Yes, I know they went radical, and plugged Bodine in as a rookie. That was the anomaly for the Bengals, as Bodine never has seemed to not get buried by 3-4 NTs.

As the situation stands, the Bengals are screwed. The best case scenario that I can come up with would be to sign Whit and Zeitler, cut losses on Ogbuehi, keep Fisher at RT, draft the best C available, that can handle huge guys one on one, to compete with Bodine, and draft both a Tackle and a Guard to develop.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to gain our identity back, and then take that step forward (full offseason plan) - SunsetBengal - 01-09-2017, 06:10 PM