Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Obamaphone = waste, fraud, and abuse
(07-24-2015, 06:02 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: How was that a copout? I have no problem paying taxes and for programs to help people out. A lot of times, it saves families and helps them get back on their feet. Now, having said that, I do think their should be welfare reform, and something needs to be done with the people who abuse it and are lazy.

Do you get that a computer and internet is a useful tool to find a job? If one is poor, they might not have a car. Sure, they can take a bus or hitch rides. Rolleyes

Ever hear the old adage that goes something along the lines of;  Give the man a fish, he will eat for a day.  Teach the man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

And, the Conservative point of view is not mean, or condescending.  It's more a matter of 'we don't want to hear your freakin' sob stories, everyone has their own problems to deal with".  Conservatives are more than willing to help people help themselves up, it's just a matter of people taking advantage of the opportunity, rather than milking the "free tap" for all that it is worth...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obamaphone = waste, fraud, and abuse - SunsetBengal - 07-24-2015, 06:55 PM