Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Randy Bullock's missed FG against Houston
(01-09-2017, 09:47 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Here is the main reason we never make it to the dance and its the only main reason,Our coaching staff accepts losing time and time again and the winning teams NEVER ACCEPT LOSING AT ALL.They refuse to live that way and will NEVER accept losing.We have  the mindset here that will allow players to fail.The winning franchises will always win as that is who they are.We have as good of talent as all the rest,but they are not given proper training and coaching to get ahead,look how many players have left here and have gone on to be stars.Its  how they are coached,barr nothing else.If you are  hoping this coaching staff will ever win,its will not.Marvin is just too nice of a guy.He will never run up the score,will never coach his players to have the killer instinct.Instead he coaches them to be nice guys.It is maddening to watch top talent players not get to the next level and its all because of the laid back mindset of this coaching staff.BELIEVE THIS.ITS NOT THE PLAYERS,MIKE TOMLIN could take our players and make them winnners, and that is the stone truth.Marvin does not have THE DNA OF A WINNNING COACH.He is not a winner with the way he coaches,its just a FACT,FOLKS.DO NOT THINK he will change,even if he gets to the playoffs he will not go any further.we are doomed to live as losers.

What players have left here and gone on to be stars?

If you look at most of our free agents, they go on to underachieve or just get approximately to where they were while here.

Michael Johnson and Anthony Collins crashed and burned as soon as they left the team.

Stacy Andrews, TJ Houshmandzadeh, Jermaine Gresham, Andrew Hawkins, Andre Caldwell, Jonathan Fanene, Jerome Simpson, Eric Steinbach, Andre Smith, Madieu Williams, Mohamed Sanu all had mediocre to good careers once leaving the Bengals...even Marvin Jones was only approximately as good in Detroit as he was here.

Reggie Nelson had a good year in Oakland, but even he was a BUST before getting here. The Bengals and their "losing ways" literally turned him into an amazing player.

Justin Smith was a star in San Francisco, but he was a star here as well so, you can't count him.

Looking back as far as 2010, the only two players that may have actually improved after free agency were Jonathan Joseph and Evan Mathis.

Jonathan Joseph is debatable because we saw him flourishing in his final year here (similar to what we're seeing with Dre this year). So not sure you can count him.

And Evan Mathis was great when played here but wasn't given playing time. That is the one I could see an argument for "players have left here and have gone on to be stars" but...I wouldn't say he became a star. He just became what he was when he was playing here. A good guard.

So who am I missing? I feel there has to be someone that I'm missing in order for you to make that statement. I just couldn't find it. Free agency information is very spotty before 2005, so maybe someone between 2003 and 2005?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Randy Bullock's missed FG against Houston - CJD - 01-10-2017, 09:29 AM