Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham thinks Bengals should trade McCarron
(01-10-2017, 06:05 AM)hollodero Wrote: ...nothing except a compensatory pick, probably a high one. That doesn't get old... 
...so trading him for a 3rd might not make too much sense after all.

Yeah not really sure how the compensatory pick system works so that's why I said 3rd. From what I gather it's a complicated formula that has to do with playing time and money ,if he signs somewhere else next year? If somebody signs him to start then we're prob looking at a high pick ? But who knows what a team will value him at two years removed from playing any significant games. I just don't feel like waiting to draft this maybe high comp pick next season and wait till it takes 2-3 years to develop them and waste roster space with 2 backup quarterbacks on the roster like we did this season. Dalton, Green, Dunlap, Geno, are all in their primes we need to win now. If we were really offered a 2nd and 4th last year we should have jumped on it while his stock was at its highest ,those picks could have help the team this season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lapham thinks Bengals should trade McCarron - lone bengal - 01-10-2017, 10:45 AM