Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Put Number 55 and the Name Burfict and ...
Listening to the TV announcers covering Bengals games on the networks this year, they often complained Burfict wasn't being flagged for cheap hits enough. Many times I heard the announcers say, " I can't believe Bufict wasn't flagged. How can that not be a penalty. ". ....I will agree that when the Bengals make a hit, the TV announcers say what dirty players the Bengals are, but when Steelers make same hit the TV announcers, even Collinsworth, say the Steelers just play hard hitting football and praise them for it. Yes, it does seem like the TV announcers have a man love for the Steelers. .....I will add that my brother on phone whined about a hit a Steeler made on a WR going up the sideline because he used his helmet. I told him it was not helmet to helmet, but helmet into chest. My brother still whined about it. They way I look at it, going fast, your head and helmet have to end up somewhere. They are a part of your body. What I saw was a defensive player going fast hitting an offensive player going up the sidelines fast. He got hit and knocked out of bounds in the chest area. I saw nothing wrong with the hit. If you can't even tackle these guys anymore, then they should just wear dresses and play touch football. That said, would the TV announcers including Collinsworth whined about the hit if it was Burfict, probably so. Never ever was there a helmet to helmet on this play, and if you can't make this tackle, then it is touch football. If they ever make it NFL touch football, I will just stop watching. Watching these big guys running around like cream puffs playing touch football would be pretty gay, boring and not good football. I have seen these NFL players put on exhibition touch games, and it is pretty bad. I would not pay them millions for it or ask cities to build expensive stadiums for it.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Put Number 55 and the Name Burfict and ... - kevin - 01-10-2017, 01:20 PM