Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to gain our identity back, and then take that step forward (full offseason plan)
(01-09-2017, 02:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would love most all of these moves. The trenches is definately where this team needs an upgrade. So the O-line would look like...

Whitworth - Boling - Schwenke - Westerman - Wagner ? Doesn't sound too bad.

Like that draft. Just think we should add a TE somewhere in the mid to late rounds.

I think it's a safe realistic plan for the OL.  You get a true RT in his prime to solidify the outside and have some insurance as Schwenke wouldn't be expensive and is a better option at C or RG than Bodine or Winston.  Rather than depend on a specific rookie to be there, or to quickly produce you give yourself options and if a OL is BPA then awesome.  

Chemistry wise, the less moves the better but with that type of roster they could still move guys around.  The two young tackles are true LT types, maybe even LG.  So Alexa....err...Marvin...oh man, well in a perfect world if say Fisher is playing much better than Westerman then maybe you see Boling shift.  For the long term, they'll want the youngsters to start, but if they can't you need a versatile backup type and Schwenke would be an example.  

I'd be totally fine with a TE pick, especially if a good one came with one of those picks in the 4th or 5th.  I don't like drafting by having to lean much on priority but I'd like some competition.  Thing is though, I think they're so high on Uzomah, Kroft and even Hewitt that they'll go another year with that plan if Eifert misses time.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to gain our identity back, and then take that step forward (full offseason plan) - phil413 - 01-11-2017, 03:43 AM